Who we are
P: +61 (0) 437 148 782
Our website address is: https://jamesjohnston.com/
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect personal information about you when you submit that information to us, send us an email and/or complete any forms on the Website.
- your IP address – a numerical code to identify your device and which can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based;
- your browsing history of the content you have visited on our sites, including information on how you were referred to our sites via another website; and
- details of your devices, for example, the unique device ID, unique advertising ID and browsers used to access our content.
We use personal data collected through our website for the following reasons:
- To provide the services you sign up for, such as sending out subscriptions, or responding to customer enquiries.
- For statistical purposes such as analysing the performance of our sites and apps and to understand how visitors use them.
- To respond to your queries and to resolve complaints.
The information collected in any contact or enquiry forms will be collected and used for customer service purposes but won’t be used for any marketing, or supplied to any third parties without user consent.
The information collected in any email subscription form will be collected and used only for the newsletter subscription that the user has subscribed for. If the user changes their mind they will be able to unsubscribe buy clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the page. The information collected will not be supplied to any third parties.
As mentioned above, we partner with Google Analytics to allow tracking technologies and remarketing services on this website through the use of first party cookies and third-party cookies.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational controls to protect your personal data against unauthorised processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data once with us, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data sent to our site while still in transit and so you provide it at your own risk.